A North Node in the Capricorn sign of Wisdom:
A life's mission as seen through the eyes of the Capricorn sign of the zodiac...
"My soul's path to fulfillment”
What's your Soul's Path?
"My soul mission is to be a Capricorn!"
What does that mean? Well, before I answer that question, I
guess I should first present the ‘official’ version of the Capricorn
North Node position and what it means for the individual who ‘owns’ it.
According to my friend and colleague Linda Brady, in her book "Discovering Your Soul Mission," a Capricorn sign North Node individual is the Spiritual Father (metaphorically speaking).
with a Capricorn Sign soul potential are known for being responsible,
sagacious, goal-oriented, loyal, committed, disciplined, and reality
based. They value precedent as a learning experience and place high
value on maturity and wisdom. They help others see the path to their
soul mission and continually make adjustments to succeed at the goals
they’ve set. Archetypes include:
• the good father;
• the corporate leader;
• the oak tree.
Can you relate to the description above?
yes, good for you! That means that you’ve begun to move toward your
Capricorn sign soul mission, or in other words, toward your North Node
If however, you can’t relate to anything I’ve just said, that’s OK too.
you may not immediately identify with the description of your North
Node because it does not correspond to what’s familiar to you. Rather,
it signifies who you need to be and the energies your soul wants you to
bring into your life to make it more fulfilling.
Incorporating a Node’s energy into your life is a time-consuming and
gradual process that requires a bit of persistence and patience. But
believe me when I say that it will be well worth the sweat.
If you’re feeling a bit lost and have absolutely no idea what I’m
talking about, I strongly recommend that you first take a look at the zodiac compatibility
article. I think it’s important to go over the basics so that you can
get the most out of what you’re reading here. Just a suggestion!
OH...if you’ve already read the zodiac compatibility introduction, then
skip this suggestion. :-)
So...back to your original question – What does having a Capricorn sign soul mission really mean?
I tell you that, I would just like to say that since I am an Aquarius
North Node individual, my interpretation of the Capricorn sign North
Node can only be based on the texts of other scholars and my own
intuition. After all, I can’t walk in everybody’s shoes, can I? :-)
I don’t believe, however,
that scientific facts are enough. It’s essential to have a personal
perspective on the subject that we’re discussing if we are to fully
understand and appreciate its abundant significance.
hearing about someone else’s experiences makes all the difference
between vague comprehension and true understanding. Don’t you think? I
That’s why I decided to
interview a colleague who lives with a Capricorn Sign nodal position.
My hope is that by reading about her experience with the Capricorn Sign
north node, you will get a better understanding for the way that this
same nodal position might play out in your own life.
Don’t forget, however, what I said in the
introduction – the areas of life (houses of the chart) where the nodes
express themselves will vary from person to person (each person’s chart
is unique). However, the one thing that will remain the same is the
Capricorn energy/ or potential that will be begging for fulfillment in
So with that in mind, let’s take a look at ‘Alicia’s answers.
Special Note: My friend asked me to keep her name anonymous...so please forgive the bit of secrecy. :-)
The following is a
questionnaire that I sent to my friend ‘Alicia’ who has a Capricorn
Sign North Node in the twelfth house (automatically putting her Cancer
South Node in the sixth).
want you to read her answers and see if you can relate to her
experiences. If, however you can’t, then at least think about where in
your life you’re experiencing a tug-and-pull between your earthy drive
for hard work and self-sufficiency and your watery pull toward
emotional connection and nurturance.
North Node Questionnaire:
1. What sign is your North Node in? House?
Capricorn sign in the 12th house -- 7 degrees retrograde.
2. When was the first time that you became consciously aware of your Capricorn Sign North
Node? What happened? If you don’t mind me asking how old were you? How old
are you now? I am 51. First found out about it when I was 37 or 38. My
daughter was an infant and I was going through a divorce. I wanted more than
just counseling to help me through. I was and am a strong believer in the
metaphysical. I was looking for guidance not only for my life but how to be
a good parent, especially as a single parent.
3. What South Node patterns do find difficult to let go of? The feeling of self worth when I put other people’s needs first. It erodes my foundation. I
need to have strong boundaries in place to meet my needs on an almost
4. How do you see yourself moving toward your Capricorn Sign North Node? What part of the
journey seems to be the most challenging? It is a life long process. I try
to focus on my goals, keeping them clear and revising them. The chaos of life
keeps pulling me off track, thus the boundaries are so important for me.
5. Are the people in your life supportive of your Capricorn Sign North Node and the direction in which you're headed? If
yes, how so? If you are asking have I chosen to surround myself with people
who are beneficial to me -- yes, I have tried. Most importantly, the Aquarian
counseling with Linda Brady keeps me on track and the Aquarian fellowship we
have created really is beginning to feel like a good support system.
6. If in a long-term
relationship, what is your partner’s Nodal position? What does that
mean to you? How are you being supportive? I am single now but
when in a relationship I am aware of this aspect and try to support it.
7. If you could sum up your journey in one sentence, what would it be? My journey feels like putting the pieces of a puzzle together to see the bigger
After reading some of Alicia's answers, you can see how life
placed her in a position where she had to learn how to take care of her
self. And that's exactly what a Capricorn Sign North Node does -- it
makes the individual stand up on his own two feet and be the roch
that everyone else leans on. Unfortunately, the fact whether the native
wants to have this responsibility or not, is usually a non-issue.
The best thing that you could choose to do, in order to avoid the shock and beat your teacher to the punch, is to begin working toward your Capricorn Sign soul mission as soon as possible.
Here are 10 key points to keep in mind as you begin your soul journey:
1. Be self-sufficient -- thank others for their willingness to help but choose to take care of yourself.
2. Use your wisdom to create the life that you know you can have.
3. Identify with the ‘father’ within.
4. Create goals for yourself and execute them – commit to your visions.
5. Don’t be afraid of hard work.
6. Be the disciplined and responsible ‘Stone’ that holds the fort together.
7. Don’t be needy and obsessed with the past...the Water (Cancer) will still run deep within, but this time around, you must be the ‘Earth Vessel’ that contains it rather than be the element itself.
8. Surround yourself with people who listen to you and appreciate your wisdom.
9. Incorporate Capricorn symbols into your daily life to remind yourself of your mission .
10. And most importantly, become the ‘Spiritual Father’ that you are meant to be!
Now, if your significant other is the one with the Capricorn soul mission,
then it will be your job to help him develop and materialize his
potential. You can start by filling his life with the energy of all
things ruled by the Capricorn sign.
Surround his living space with
...take him on
and fill his life with any other Capricorn Sign trinkets that you can think of.
anything and everything you can to remind him of and support him on his
Capricorn journey. It is one of the greatest things that you could ever
do for him – a gift of a true soul-mate!
Now, if you have the desire and will
to do that for your mate, good for you. And please don't worry if
you're feeling a bit overwhelmed and unsure of what to do next, that's
stuff is sometimes too much even for the seasoned professional. So I
congratulate you for simply being here and having the desire to try.
If you find that you do need a little help, a little help is what I have for you. The
spiritual path report
can answer most of your questions regarding your mate's personality and
would be a great tool to have as you work on supporting his journey
from a Cancer South Node (soul pattern) to an Capricorn North Node
Having a clear idea of who
your partner is on a personality level will make it that much easier to
figure out where he's headed on a soul level. Translation: less work
for you! ;-)
Once you feel comfortable,
and are ready to proceed, take a look at the table below and try to
identify the specific Cancer sign traits he’s trying to leave behind
and the Capricorn sign traits that he’s trying to master (table below
compliments of "Discovering Your Soul Mission"
by Linda Brady and Evan St. Lifer):
Cancer sign: (old patterns)----->Capricorn sign: (new possibilities):
• Too sensitive...............................................Self-sufficient
• Obsessed with past............................................Wise
• Too reserved................................................Hardworking
• Needs being needed........................................Meticulous
• Easily hurt......................................................Committed
• Timid............................................................Goal Directed
As I mentioned before, if you look over this list and notice any of the
Capricorn sign traits peeking through your man’s personality, it will
be your job to support them.
For instance, if he’s
working longer hours than you’d like because he wants to become the
next president of his company – support him. If he decides that he
wants to go back to grad school – support him. If he wants you to cut
back on some expenses in order to save up for a down payment for a new
house – support him. If he wants to discipline the children – support
You get the idea, right? SUPPORT HIM!
Once the both of you decide on, learn how to, and commit to doing that
for each other, there will be no question in either of your minds that
you have found your ‘true’ soul-mate, the soul-mate of your life!
Are you ready to surprise your man in ways he never could have imagined? Want to create an environment where he can really flourish? Wonderful!
By utilizing the insights
provided below in combination with your own imagination, you will not
only succeed in inspiring him, but will also simultaneously reward
yourself as well.
Let’s get started!
The North Node in Capricorn Action Guide:
1. Crystals and stones
2. Home Design
5. 3 C’s – Countries, Cities, and Colors
I know that
after exploring all of these links, you’ll feel a bit overwhelmed. I
realize that it’s quite a bit of information to absorb all at once. But
I assure you that it will be well worth the effort.
‘little Capricorn reminders’ into your daily life will not only help
you move closer to the Capricorn soul’s mission, but will undoubtedly
assist you in discovering true domestic bliss! Try it and be the judge yourself!
There is one other important point
that I’d like to mention – something that applies to both you and your
partner (depending on which one of you has this nodal
position...possibly the both of you).
You might recall that I
initially said that part of the Capricorn sign soul mission is to move
forward, away from the Cancer sign South Node characteristics. But, I
would like to clarify that and let you know that it doesn’t mean that
the positive Cancer traits have to be discarded. It took lifetimes for
you to develop the person that’s here today, hard work that shouldn’t
be ignored or forgotten.
The key is to fuse the positive traits that you brought with you from the past with the current ambitions reflected by your North Node position.
point is to develop a personality that’s truly integrated. Our past is
as much a part of us as our future, so be wise and use all the ‘gifts’
that you’ve accumulated – the world needs ALL of you!
The following is a list of ‘trait combinations’ that I started for you. It combines two traits from each sign leading to a holistic integration of both polarities.
want you to use the words on the list to remind yourself of the type of
person you want to become and for harnessing the unique Capricorn
mission that you’re here to fulfill.
Please don’t think, however, that this list says it all. I want you to
continue adding to it until it describes ALL that you want to become.
Once that’s done, you can refer back to it anytime you feel a bit lost
or off track.
road is not always without bumps, so be patient. You WILL become the
YOU that you’ve always dreamed of – I have faith in you!
OK...here’s the list. You can start by combining within yourself the...
• Maternal Cancer sign with the Capricorn sign of Fatherhood to become the ‘Maternal Father’
• Cancer sign of Support with the Capricorn sign of the Executive to become the ‘Supportive Executive’
• Cancer sign of Empathy with the Disciplined sign of Capricorn to become the ‘Empathetic Disciplinarian’
• Supportive Cancer sign with the Realistic Capricorn sign to become the model for ‘Supportive Realist’
• Cancer sign of Family Devotion with the Capricorn sign of Commitment to become the ‘Family STONE’ for your clan
• Home loving Cancer sign with the Professional Capricorn sign to become the ‘Home Loving Professional’
• Patriotic Cancer sign with the Traditional Capricorn sign and become the ‘Patriotic Traditionalist’
• Cancer sign of Intuition with the Capricorn sign of Ambition to develop ‘Intuitive Ambition’ within you
• Child-like Cancer sign with the Father-like Capricorn sign to become the ‘Child-like Father’
• Maternal Cancer sign with the Self Reliant Capricorn sign to become the Self-reliant Mother’
• Loyal Cancer sign with the Hardworking Capricorn sign to become the ‘Loyal Hard-worker’
• Nurturing Cancer sign with the Disciplinarian sign of Capricorn to become the ‘Nurturing Disciplinarian’
• Emotional Cancer sign with the Prudent Capricorn sign to become ‘Emotionally Prudent’
• Cancer sign of Empathy with the Realistic sign of Capricorn to become the ‘Empathetic Realist’
• Cancer sign of the Tradition with the Capricorn sign of Integrity to become the symbol for ‘Traditional Integrity’
The rest of the list is up to you to finish!
Sorry to leave you hanging like that. But in order for me to go deeper
into your specific motivations, I need to know your exact birth data.
Otherwise, I would be no different than the tabloids – offering you
information that that describes not only you, but the other 20 million
(I’m guessing) people born under the sign of Capricorn as well.
Wouldn’t be too enlightening, would it?!
Well, that’s it for now.
Remember – "Always nourish the soul...and...”RomanceIt!"
Return from Capricorn sign 'Who am I?' to Zodiac Love
Return from Capricorn sign 'Who am I?' to Romantic Ideas for Life